Cary Ferchill has more than 30 years of experience as a lawyer and as a business executive and financial and economic consultant in the technology, energy, financial and telecommunications industries. He represents clients in general business and corporate matters as well as complex commercial litigation cases.
Experience & Accomplishments
LEGAL, FINANCIAL, M&A AND CORPORATE SERVICES
- Completed acquisitions and dispositions of businesses with a combined transaction value in excess of $20 billion.
- Completed numerous private and public equity offerings and billions of dollars of bond offerings and loans.
- On both the buy side and sell side, provided strategic planning, legal compliance, structuring, negotiation and documentation of acquisition agreements, financial analysis, due diligence services and acquisition financing services for senior secured debt, subordinated debt, equity and seller paper.
- Served all participants in financial and securities transactions and in the securities registration and sales process, including issuers, investors, underwriters, advisors and trustees.
- Represented companies and individuals in the establishment and exploitation of patents, copyrights and other intellectual property, and in the assignment and licensing of rights to operating businesses.
- As president of a digital communications company, designed and supervised the regime for licensing hundreds of copyrights and patents to both distributors and end users.
COMMERCIAL DISPUTES, LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION SUPPORT
- Provided litigation services and support in a number of complex commercial, securities and corporate law cases primarily related to litigation and dispute resolution strategies for corporate clients.
- Has been a consulting or testifying expert in depositions, at hearings and at trial on issues involving standard of care in business management, fiduciary duties, corporate governance, economic damages assessment and securities fraud.
- Austin Electric Utility Commission, Chair
- Texas Electric Transportation Resources Alliance (TxETRA),
Founding Board Member
- State Bar of Texas (1980)
- State Bar of New York (1981)
- Licensing Executives Society
- National Association of Corporate Directors
- American Law and Economics Association
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- University of Texas (JD, 1980)
- University of Texas (BA, 1979)
- London School of Economics
(graduate school, 1980-1981)